BYU Computerized Genealogy Conference 2009

I had the opportunity to attend the Computerized Genealogy Conference hosted by BYU this last weekend. The conference focused on how technology can aid the typical researcher. There were so many classes I wanted to attend, but of course, I can only be at one place at one time. I was fortunate to have a class that was designed just for me: Internet Sources for the Midwestern States. I am not as up to par with internet research as I should be, and this class (along with 3 other internet research classes I attended) gave me a good foothold on internet research. Some of the sources listed in the midwestern class were a tremendous help, giving me access to records I have been trying to find for several weeks now. I highly recommend this conference to any genealogist, as it is a huge time saver to use technology in family history research.

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home