The joys of writing research reports

I am in an upper-level family history course at BYU, and I am currently finalizing my project for the semester. I have spent the last week trying to write a research report of 100+ hours of research. Granted, I had written smaller reports along the way, but I cannot stress to you how much easier it had been if I had written the report as I did my research. Even a weekly summary would have saved me hours of trying to figure out what problems and thoughts need to be sent to my client. Luckily, this work is pro-bono, so I am not wasting client funds. I encourage all of you researchers (and myself) to learn from my mistakes. Try to write the client reports as you do the research. I have heard that you should write your client every 10-20 hours of research. Good luck with all of your research and client reports!

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home